Creative and intelligent developer interested in designing your application using the latest, most flexible and secure technologies.
OOD, OOP, Design Patterns
PHP, jQuery, MySQL, Apache, WordPress, OpenEMR Web frameworks
Other specific expertise in Laravel, Zend Framework, WordPress, HTML/CSS, C/C++, Objective-C, BREW and Java Embedded Systems
Senior Software Engineer, MRSB, Inc.
MRSB is a health-care company, whose focus is people and technology. MRSB is one of the leading contributors to the open source medical record-keeping system, OpenEMR. As a senior engineer, I was responsible for managing support, customizations and hosting for OpenEMR customers. I was also responsible for the development of a member portal written in the PHP Zend MVC Framework.
Portland, OR, July 2010 – Present
- Technical management and development on large scale development projects
- Feature development on OpenEMR open source medical record keeping system
- Enterprise MVC Application design and development using Zend Framework
- RESTful API development using Laravel Framework
Chief Technical Officer/Developer, Mindwarm, Inc.
Mindwarm is a software company started in Portland, OR in April of 2009. As one of its founders, I am instrumental in the launch of Mindwarm’s flagship product Swip, which is software for mobile devices that enables peer-to-peer data sharing.
Portland, OR, April 2009 – July 2010
- Invention and scoping of project requirements of applications for mobile phone and web
- Full life cycle product development
- Design and implementation of peer-to-peer networking mesh using Objective-C and the iPhone SDK for use over Bluetooth and ad-hoc WiFi
- Design and implementation of web service using MySQL and PHP to communicate with iPhone
- User interface design using iPhone SDK
- Website design using PHP, HTML, and CSS
Sr. Engineer, Qualcomm, Inc.
Qualcomm is an industry leader in producing hardware and software in the telecommunications industry. As a software engineer in the Core Extension Group, I am responsible for developing extensions to the BREW operating system software to support Qualcomm chipsets.
Portland, OR, April 2008 – April 2009
- Major contributor in fixing defects and adding enhancements to Brew Font Extension, UI Widgets and touch controller components using the COM-like BREW object oriented programming model
- Implemented open source flavor of Brew Font Extension using existing APIs
- Managed relationships with third party font companies and provided testing infrastructure and support
- Programming interface design of a remotable glyph server
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Responsible for Brew Font Extension component internal releases
- Enhancements to testing framework to perform memory and timing regression testing
Software Engineer, Coe Group
Coe is a company that designs and manufactures capital equipment for the lumber industry. As a software engineer in the Optimization Engineering Group, I was responsible for developing solutions to improve recovery for our customers by developing systems to scan, and assess the quality of lumber in real-time.
Tigard, OR, July 2005 – April 2008
- Worked independently and with development teams to develop complex decision-logic algorithms using C and C++ to optimize recovery of wood products for our customers
- Designed and implemented tools using C# to perform reliable backups and installations for a variety of multi-computer software systems
- Developed of tools to perform simulations and regression testing
- Developed and unit tested an API to provide consistent handling of optimization
- Multi-threaded and real-time development on embedded data acquisition and processing system on QNX OS
- Improved and maintained overall code quality by increasing readability and scalability by using unit testing, regression testing, code coverage and inspection, which was shown by customer lumber tests
Software Developer, Northstar Realty (contract)
Portland, OR, May 2005 – July 2005
- Automated acquisition of data and images of real estate properties from websites using VBA
Software Developer, Online Media Network (contract)
Manhattan, NY, January 2002 – March 2003
- Designed and developed a multi-threaded automated chat client application using Java and Swing components
- Reverse-engineered chat-room protocols using packet sniffers
Software Developer, Triptar Lens Company (internship)
Rochester, NY, June 2001 – September 2001
- Development of a plug-in for imaging software using SDK and MFC
- Learned driver interface required for automation of motion-control and image acquisition of microscope
- Designed algorithm to fuse several captured images to form large composite image
Master of Science, degree in Computer Science (concentration in Software Engineering)
Portland State University, Portland, OR. March 2005
Bachelor of Science, degrees in Computer Science, and Music
State University of New York, Fredonia, NY. May 2002